5/12/2004

email to G:

I thought more about the group of new age friends. I know I am interested in exploring the possibilities of the world and I always have a desire to understand how everything fits together in the big scheme of things. I hope I don't go down any narrow path on my search (like those new age people) and lose sight of this current world we are in. I believe the more we search and find, the more we should be one with the whole, and not to depart. I believe every earnest human experience leads to the whole, the universe, the nature, God or gods, the way, Tao, or whatever people have been call IT. (Hmmm, I am also interested in ways to summarize all these religious and spiritual things together into one thing. I'm sure people have tried to do it, but probably not with great success, because we as people are still so divided.)

(The wavelike property of awareness is just something I learned *in addition* to the enlightenment I have experienced. And I am happy to be able to observe it, and not to drown in the light.)

I found the email I wrote when I first experienced this "enlightenment" 3 years ago (3/28/2001):

I have a new revelation today. It's an enlightenment. I rushed to the
computer to write it down. But I can't trust my fingers to keep up with
my mind. It's so thrilling. It's like I'm in a room, and suddenly a
light is turned on. This light is in a different wavelength, so that all
the things in the room that are previously invisible suddenly come to
sight. Everything looks different now, and a lot of the things that seems
so formidable suddenly become trivial, and become just the background.


Right now I have a very similar an experience. So, everything makes sense again. I mean, everything, every everything, everything I have ever learned or felt or experienced.... The difference is that now I have more knowledge of many things than before, so I see more things that "fit", that "make sense".

I am just documenting this here, for myself.

Now to think of it (with the newly gained insight), "just do my own things my own way" is actually a practical approach coming out of this experience. This is how this particular decision fits.

Tell me if I start to sound weird, because then I will know I am going down a narrow path instead of embracing all of the world. As the Chinese wisdom says (my paraphrasing) the small enlightened lives in reclusion, the big enlightened lives among the crowds, and the real enlightened lives in the heart.

Thanks for listening, and with love,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home