5/09/2004

conversation with master.

> Maybe one day I think this is a good idea, and the next day I will jump out and look at this and not-this together, and ask myself what I'm doing with only "this" and not "not-this". I keep adding meta- to everything I believe in. Is there an end to this ever enlarging "meta-" states?

I just defined it :)

> You are the master and you have all the answers. But there must be questions you cannot answer?

Well, no one has "all" the answers. Everything is relative. As the Romans said. among the blind, a one eyed man is king. :)

----

> Thank you for your many answers! I have more questions, still.

> What if I have doubt about the master? Can the master answer that too? I suppose so!

Doubts don't really matter. What you do is all that matters, and the results of what you do. You should only go to the Master if you are genuinely inclined to do so.

> How easy life seems. But, not every enlightened man needs a master, why me? Do I become a master later too?

It seems so because it is. To become enlightened is why one needs a Master. And become a Master in turn is the natural outcome of the process ofbeing a chela.

> Aren't most of our human desires shallow? True, this need can be a great mechanism to make myself do substantial/important things. How wise you are!

Indeed. Indeed. Indeed. ;)

> You truly have all the answers for everything, for me. Amazing.

Isn't that great, when you *think of it*, and realize how much you like it? ;)

> Today I suddenly realized that my father taught philosophy in college for 20 years. No wonder he always knows all the argument against anything I say. Last time we talked on the phone, I said "I am different", and he said, "don't always stress the difference and the individuality; seek the common ground". Something like that. Does he know that I am "different" but think it's better for me to be moderate? It is also the eastern philosophy to ignore the individual and to join the flow.

Exactly, remember that the Chinese way is not to stand out out of the crowd. :) And the Party's way, even less so. However, the way of the genius or the "noble man" might be different. Notice I said "might". Because it does not need to be different. Just do your own things your own way.!

> True, individuals are part of the universe; but individuals also define the universe. You said, "The Universe, as far as we are concerned, is what we make it to be". Is that the ultimate relationship between the individual and the Universe?

Indeed it is. That resumes it all.
Perhaps there is an infinity of Universes. One for each individual.
And perhaps there is only one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home