5/05/2004

conversation with master:

> "Wisdom teaches that one must seize her own cubic centimeter of luck as it passes by, and do so swiftly, as otherwise it might soon be gone, to never appear again."
> Very good advice for me. Thank you. And thank you for all your other insightful wisdom. It's great to learn from you again.

:)
No merit on my part in this, I am just parroting my own Masters. But it's true that when it's extracted from the flow and quoted like this, it sounds pretty good. ;) Maybe *I* should listen to that advice more, too. :)


Subject: back to michigan Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 07:59:37 -0400

> Toward the end of the conference I got interested in science again and wanted to get a few projects done. Sitting in the conference room listening to the presentations, I found my peace again, and clearly understood the meaning of "all is but a game", again. It feels good to be able to step back and regain my grasp of the universe.

Knowledge is actually the only thing worth pursuing, except that it too is to a large extent an illusion.

> You don't look passive and resigned. But you don't always get what you want either. You have a lot of ideas and you try to carry them out, but it seems many of them don't work out. Then on the other hand you don't seem to get frustrated.

I sure don't. ;) But then I am not God. At least not the omnipotent version. :)

> In fact, many people don't look passive and resigned at all, and they are not even enlightened.

Looking active is actually a sign of belief in consensual reality, that is, a guarantee of non-enlightenment.

> "It is the wise and the fool who can be content."

Very true. Now, see, you too can churn out quotable material... ;)

> I go in and out of my understanding of the true nature of the world, and this indicates that I don't always really "get it".

But someday you will. You seem to have all it takes for that.

> Madhu's book, do you mean "The Odyssey of Enlightenment"?

Yes, it's pretty good. The story of his quest.
The more it's "important", the less easy is success.

> At what age did you become aware of everything?

Everything? That has yet to happen. But I got pretty sharp when it comes to the nature of reality around your age.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home