4/29/2004

conversation with master:

> In one sense I am weak and cannot make decisions by myself, but in another sense I choose the answers before I ask the questions.

The very voice of wisdom. ;) Anyway, let a Master take the decisions, then all you have to do is go with the flow.

> Sometimes I feel right when I comprehend the Taoism way of looking at the world and my life--everything is transient and passing, and I am just a player in a long drama, so I am able to enjoy whatever I'm doing at the time.

That's the way things are.

> But at other times I feel I am wasting my time doing useless things, and I cannot comprehend the way of Tao--it strikes me as being passive and resigned. I have to find away to combine my desire of wanting to be useful (actually I mean famous) and my understand of the true nature of the world.

Do I look passive and resigned? ;)
Just do as you please and pursue what you have a predilection for, just don't attach any importance to what you do, because it has none. Then, you will understand the true nature of the world.


> I haven't got to "the summits of the human experience of the world", and haven't reached "a zone which in essence is invisible to the common man". But I know I have glimpses of it all. I see the what is possible to be one with the universe through FM. Then I remember you and I think perhaps you have been there and is there too.

You should really read Madhu's book. He has been living in India for 20 years, at the feet of the Masters.
His Masters told him many time that he was enlightened.
But then he found out the same that all people having been there do find: Before enlightenment, you chop wood and carry water, and after enlightenment, you carry water and chop wood.


> Nothing lasts forever. Even the understanding of this statement.

As the Ancients remarked, Change itself is the most stable and reliable element of our human environment.

> Do you still learn more things about life, and do you still change? Or there's really a place you reach to be content forever?

I sure change constantly and yet am always the same.

To learn to be atop the Great Wave, not worrying about if you are there, or even where you are, that is the recipe to be content forever.

The Voice of Wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home