9/29/2004

Ann Arbor my "home" seems like a different world altogether for me, a different world from the rest of the world. When I am away, I am in a world of unknowns and excitements and dreams and imaginations and stories and possibilities, and I truly go with the flow and feel alive in the moment. Now that I am back, I am back to a world of reality--hard core reality that includes phone calls, emails, bills, housework, laundry, news, work, schedules, meetings, plans, responsibilities, .... this reality forces one to deal with the past and the future, while the moment of present is often lost. I remember once when I was "home", I looked at my meager but precious possessions and said to myself that with what I had owned, I could be perfectly happy if I were never to leave home to travel again. I was wrong. But then maybe Ann Arbor reality is not all that bad if I can learn to stop looking so eagerly back and ahead and around and contemplate. The flow of life never ceases to create unknown excitements and dreamy images and stories, possible and impossible. All I have to do is to be still and flow in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home