8/26/2004

Saw a group of "quotable cards" in a bookstore downtown Mountain View today. Some quotes I have never seen but like very much:

Some people walk in the rain. Others just get wet.
--Roger Miller

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
--Nietzche

There isn't a particle of you that I don't know, remember, and want.
--Noel Coward

Hmm, on their website there are a lot more. I bought one long time ago, saying :)

You had best be quick, if you are ever going to forgive me at all; life does not last forever.
--Murasaki Shikubu

Sitting at a Chinese cafe in downtown Mountain View, California, drinking pearl tea, watching to Chinese karaoke on big screen, listening to soft Chinese music, writing a postcard to myself, and I enjoy the internet. Mountain View downtown is very nice. There are a few bookstores. BookBuyers is a very large, organized used bookstore, one of the best I have seen. The small paperbacks are only $2 and the large ones are $8. Too bad I am on travel and I already have 6 books with me for the trip, so I only bought 3 books here.

About a dozen Asian teenagers are in the cafe. All the boys are wearing the same style of cloth--plaid. ...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I await your return, both physically and emotionally. Perhaps it will happen, perhaps not. I do not believe in predestination, but it is not my belief that matters. What will be, deterministic or not, will ultimately be. And we both will live with it. Enjoy your journey, wherever it leads. xxxo

9/10/2004 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home