8/10/2004

Well, we are all different from most other people. The idea is that everyone is different, and people should appreciate the difference and variety. But of course not everybody thinks so (this also proves that people think differently), so this is one main source of conflict and suffering in human beings. It is true that nobody can live in isolation, but people often don't know the boundary between individual and the society. Maybe the society and the individuals are constantly at war against each other. Individuals want to be individuals and society wants to organize as a whole. I guess we as individuals have to learn to live in harmony with all ideas, all people, all the rules of society, and everything else in life. So for me I have felt a sense of peace and freedom after I recently became aware of this, but for some people with their different values and thoughts they might be bound to be unhappy. I want to keep encouraging you to find your own paths. No need to go against the older folks or anybody, and no need to justify your action to anyone (you can tell me though). Just do whatever you want to do (just don't hurt anybody deliberately) and everything will be fine.

-- my "advice", although I've just learned from Tao Te Ching to say little and keep quiet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home