10/07/2004

I want to learn about the Catholic these days. I read Graham Greene's novel The Power and the Glory and also listened to Pope John Paul II's biography. I am very interested in knowing about the suffering and the church preaching. Why would a religion base its faith on suffering? Under what social circumstances? How is it relevant to our present society? Which religion/faith is more appropriate to our day? Which people are likely to become good catholic? To my shallow understanding, Taoism is a lot about the nature and surrender. Buddhism is about escape the cycle (and avoid the suffering). Confucius is about following the social orders and find fulfillment in being part of a big social machine. Science is about concentrating on measurable facts and disregarding any trace of human nature. I don't know too much about other religions. Maybe I will read something about them and make my own judgment on this subject. It seems quite interesting.

Don't we all love Gibran? So gentle and so transparent. He must have been awakened....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home