7/26/2004

I'm glad my comments were relevant to your book. No you are not crazy. You know exactly what you were doing and it is not up to the readers to interact with the book. I don't know much about theories of non-linearity, but I imagine it is another way of saying that the world is not simple so one should be aware of the complex nature of a system when one tries to study it.

I will get The Castle of Crossed Destinies to read for my next Calvino adventure. These days I want to study music, so I am reviewing my music knowledge. I just read a little book by Copland and I was amazed to see how easy it is for me now to understand new concepts with just one basic understanding of "Tao" or the true nature of things or Absolute or Infinite or Truth or whatever people call it. Tao Te Ching is one wise man's poetic summary of his understanding of nature. I used to think only old people should read Tao because it seemed to advocate resignation. But now I know it is not true. Lao Tsu's words, like many others', are there to guide people to reach their own wisdom and contentment.

-- email to CA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home