1/19/2006

"As when rivers flowing towards the ocean find there final peace, their name and form disappear, and people speak only of the ocean, even so the sixteen forms of the seer of all flow towards the Spirit and find there final peace, their name and form disappear and people speak only of Spirit. There is a verse that says: 'These forms in him find rest like spokes in the centre of a wheel. Know ye the Spirit that should be known that death may afflict you not.'" -- Prasna Upanishad

I believe when the sage said "Thus far I know the Surpreme Spirit. There is nothing beyond". I believe. I must remind myself more often how lucky I am to have faith and to able to believe. With "steadiness, purity, and faith", I can draw the water of wisdom from the Ocean of Wisdom that never dries out, in order to conduct my life with joy and peace. I must find time every day to reflect like this. Maybe I will take up Yoga once I settle down and make use of the quiet exercise time to reflect and to find my inner Self.

"All things find their final peace in their inmost Self, the Spirit: earth, water, fire, air, space, and their invisible elements; sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, and their various fields of sense; voice, hands, and all powers of action, mind, reason, the sense of 'I', thought, inner light, and their objects; and even life and all that life sustains. It is the Spirit of man who sees, hears, feels perfumes, touches and tastes, thinks and acts and has all consciousness. And the Spirit of man finds peace in the Spirit Surpreme and Eternal." -- Prasna Upanishad.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home