11/01/2005

I have been wanting to write something about creation and creationism. In my random studies over the last year and half, I have come across a few creation myths (e.g. Hindu, Maya, Egyptian). Because of my own experience, I feel a warm affinity toward them. People always amaze to find the parallels in these stories; I think it's only natural. These are only different metaphors of the same "event" in the spiritual sense. Creation stories cannot and should not be judged and measured using reason and logic alone.

Sometimes I wonder if our modern science and our scientific inquiry into the origin universe would one day be generally regarded as a metaphor for creation. I believe when one's search is throughout or lucky, one would encounter the Creator.

Why am I thinking about this now? I am reading about ancient Egyptian history and learning about their myths. Every time I come across someone who claims to have a vision of the Creator, I feel close to him, because I have had similar experience. I am remembering an after-creation piece I wrote last year, out of sheer joy of the knowledge and presence of the creator. Everyone has a name for the Creator. I should choose a different name than "god". Let me re-write my last piece using "Shan" for the One.

There, is, Shan.

Shan creates everything and everything is Shan.

One day (Shan creates too, that day and the concept of days), Shan is bored and decides to take the form of Jo. All Shan has to do is to make sure Jo comes into being. Shan thinks to Himself, "It might be fun to be born in a communist country on the planet earth. A girl perhaps. I am her creator, her director, her actor, and her audience. I will let her be curious, confused and restless. I will let her wonder about who she is all her life. She is me, but she is to look for me everywhere--in nature, in stars, in science, in music, in words, in math, in reasons, in love, in void, in the company of others that I create and impersonate--in all things I create. Because I create everything and everything is me, she will see me everywhere, and she will see me in herself if she is lucky enough (of course I decide how lucky she will be). Aha, this can be a fun project!" Shan likes a universe full of fun, and He enjoys playing games with his creation. The more complex the game, the more fun He has; otherwise He get bored--I would if I were Shan. (OK, I am.)

Shan has infinite projects. Sometimes He impersonates one who asks no little questions but works deligently and lives happily. Through his simple life, the beauty and the ingeniuity of Shan are expressed visibly. This brings Shan great satisfaction.

Sometimes Shan forgets about his projects. Sometimes He abondons his projects. He is only Shan.

Shan is everywhere, at all time. He is showing me who I am, now. Everytime I see Him I must record it.

Shan, is, here, now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home