6/17/2004

email excerpt to F.

History repeats itself in so many forms. There isn't any real escape from this world. It is so right to say that we must be aware of the reality and be detached in order to be in and live fully. Only when we are calm, we can burn brilliantly.

The good thing is, I am not desperate so I can be still and let things happen to me.

A couple of more questions: What is future? If the present moment is the only reality to live, then how and why and when should we plan for the future? When one talks about planning and the future, there comes a lot of hopes and expectations. How do these hopes and expectations work with living in the present? Also, since planning one's own future is difficult, planning a future together with other people is almost impossible. What about wishful thinking? Should we only do what we feel right for the present (and the near future, but not the far future), at any moment?

If someone believes he is a master and he is always right, how can I tell if he is right about it or not? Do masters disagree with one another? And how do they resolve their differences if everyone believes he himself knows the absolute truth? Who is the judge?? (OK, in my case, I think I am the judge.)

F, I have told you that you appear to be out of this world or above this world. Did you get out of this world, or you were never in it to begin with?

What is this powerful force of love, this desire to possess something or someone beautiful, and to be one with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home