6/13/2004

I went to a piano recital today. The program included Bach, Chopin, Shostakovich (piano trio), Beethoven, and Prokofiev. The student is an 18 year old Chinese boy who had won numerous awards in Michigan. I think he lacks the technique for the difficult pieces, and lacks spirit overall. (I must have gotten picky.) But now I understand how important it is to have inspiration and spirit in arts (I like the word "inspiring" these days, after a couple of friends remarked this quality in me). Same as being a person. Talking about being a role model, maybe this is my real strength, to be an inspiration for others.

It is not difficult for me to impress people by the names and the institutions I can be associated with (even the school my sister went to and the city she lives are impressive!). So that's why I'd rather be introduced as an expiring musician. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home