8/16/2005

I found corresponding with F- stimulating--he seemed to have a lot of well-thought wisdom, and then he put it in such funny ways. I don't know how to quote anything he wrote to me, because I don't know which are original and which are paraphrasing and which are just plain plagiarizing. I just say that I once heard someone saying such and such....

I will have lots to say about that 6 human natures analysis. Last year F- told me about this method to analyze people, to relate to people, to understand the self, and to learn to be balance; it was really inspiring. The main point of this "method" is, there are 6 dimensions of human character, and everyone has some of everything, but some people are stronger in one area than another. The goal is to become balance in all 6 areas.

For me, I am mostly feeling and dreaming, and lots of playing and risk taking; sometimes I use facts and good/bad, especially when I am with people strong in these two areas.

Sometimes I enjoy my own conceitedness. I don't think it's conceitedness though. I have lived most of my life feeling very inferior and humble and inadequate. Being humble is no good to oneself, and being arrogant is no good to others in addition to oneself. It's more important to be accurate about one's self assessment, to understand one's true worth, strengths, weakness, and to know one's place in the world. This step is the most difficult for many people, because nowadays people tend to place too much emphasis on the outside world and they have not enough introspection to balance the feedbacks one gets from others. Of course one almost never knows the whole truth about oneself or about anything (unless when one is in an enlightened state), and trying to learn about the self and about the reality is a lifelong journey. If we work at it, we can get closer and closer to the truth. That being said, I know sometimes I give people the impression of being conceited, but I am just trying to speak of the truth as I know it. I am not proud of the wisdom I "claim" to possess, because all wisdom comes from Nature (or God or the Ocean or Whatever), and I am just blessed to be able to be shown. I am just an agent; for once felt I was a messenger of "Gods". If my seemingly arrogant attitude does not make people comfortable, maybe I can learn to be more "humble" when dealing with people. Most of the time when I am with people, I like to appear to be humble and non-intimidating, and I try to match their own level of confidence (and wisdom). With people I know well and in my own writings (blogs etc.), I am more relaxed and speak of the truth as I know of it. If you consider that I am an agent of god when I try to speak of wisdom, then you won't feel threatened or uncomfortable when I appear to be preachy or arrogant or conceited. Just assume that sometimes I am possessed with strange spirits and it's not me who is wise (unless I am not with Truth, then it is all my fault).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home