6/16/2005

Now I feel like writing. I feel I have a lot of words to say. I want to write them down. I want to write about the flower pots with the milk and the egg shells. I want to write about the dark corridor. I want to write about the power outage. I want to write about the past and the future. I want to write about all those people and all those things and all those thoughts....

I was in a mode of extreme passivity--watching movies, reading stuff on the internet, exchanging small short comments. Now I want to write.

I think the creative life is like the real life. One needs to breath in AND breath out. Nobody can always breath in, or out. One has to breath in before one can breath out. The deeper one breath in, the more forceful one can breath out. Creativity is like life. There is a rhythm to it. If I cannot write or create anything, it is because I have not taken enough in. The metaphor applies that we need to exercise so we can better control our breathing. In the creative life or other aspects of life, we should observe this rhythm, and exercise our creative muscles so we could better control out inputs and outputs.

But right now, let me write. Let me write and write and write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home