7/04/2005

Mike just asked me if there are different kinds of addictions and are there good addictions and bad addictions. He is talking about cocaine and volleyball or travel. I tell him, in this case, the cocaine addiction is of the body, and the addiction to travel is of the mind. Perhaps it is easier to control and right an addiction of the mind? I also tell him that all addictions are bad, because the person is out of control and out of balance. He asks me what is bad about being addicted to play volleyball. I think if the addiction is affecting other aspects of life, then it is bad. We did excessive exercise for two weeks for better volleyabll playing. We spent so much time in the gym that we ignored spending time doing other things, like shopping, cooking, conversation, romance. We had to take a break from the work out to find back our balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home