10/14/2004

> Now I have a question for you. The problem is this: now I know that no matter what I do, it is of no importance as long as I am enjoying myself. But not all things are equal in "values". Different things bring different consequences.

Consequences and "values" are different babies. Indeed, consequences vary with the input. Like is often the case, master the input, and you will master the output.

> So how is one to live in the present when one can foresee at least some of the immediate future?

Entirely a matter of (mental) attitude.

> For example, if I only want to stay in bed and read a book, and there is this music study I want to do so I can get into music school, but in the same time I have my own work to do which I come to hate. How is the anticipation of the future coming into making decisions of the present? Of what duration into the future should one investigate? And what about the past? One cannot completely disregard the past, because the past also tells about the one's tendency and preference in dealing with certain things.

All, or most, is in the perception (of other people). Say you work tremendously, but other people think you do nothing (or vice versa, for that matter). Reality, for them, is that you do nothing, isn't it?

Vice-versa, do nothing, but give the perception of working tremendously, and that is what *their* reality will be. Makes sense, no?

As for the philosophical issues, integrate future and past, but live in the present, following the inclinations of your heart, as well as your intent. ("Intent", now, that's another subject. ;)

> How to best live in the moment and let the past and future integrated in but not interference with the present? How to choose one's priorities, if nothing is more important than any thing else?

The foregoing was also the answer to this question.

-- email excerpt from master

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home