5/22/2004

One quick question for now: What is the relationship between my recent "awakening" experience, and my "generalist" ability? Are all the people who are enlightened able to understand "generalist" theory? And are "generalists" all enlightened, or likely to be enlightened? Douglas Hofstadter is a generalist, right? Is he enlightened? He writes so well! His book is such a universe of its own. For me, I think it was that morning when I read your email to Madhu and Mark about epistemology, and after a few days of learning "wisdom" from you, that triggered my recent experience. I would like to note that the "scientific" knowledge makes the "spiritual" experience fuller and more overwhelmingly captivating, and the "spiritual" experience makes the "scientific" knowledge more grounded (so we know where all this knowledge comes from, or rather, where every branch of knowledge comes from, or where everything comes from).

One example: today I was driving in the woods and saw a beautiful patch of yellow flowers. I appreciate flowers and the beauty of nature, like everyone else. But this time I notice how natural it is for us to appreciate beautiful things--nature is part of us and we are part of nature, and we are truly one in essence. I know this now from the deepest place within my heart (my being), without any doubt, not with impulsive or blind love. So I was able to love the flowers with so much more passion than before.

This passionate love only happens when I can get back in touch with "being" and feel its existence. When I am not in touch with "being", which is most of the time now (since I am a novice), I can only use my newly gained wisdom/insight to guide/convince myself, and this is not too bad although could be better.

Also, this applies to everything, not just the love of beautiful flowers. Another example I thought about at the time was the subject of morality, but right now I am just thinking and not "being", so the Truth does not flow out me. Yes, I am trying to use my memory and reasoning to retrieve Truth, and how limited the mind is!!

Every time I write to you, I learn something more.

> An objective evaluation of the true importance of all we think, believe and do is indeed the key to complete freedom. J

This statement I will need some contemplating. What is this "J" at the end of the sentence?

-- email excerpt to master.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home