12/02/2004

I have many flaws, but there's only one that I despise. That is envy. This is probably rooted from my childhood education, when everyone was constantly compared with everyone else, and self-evaluation in reference of others was critical. When I am low, I look at people around me and ask, why are they doing the things and having the life that I wish to be mine?

Envy arises when one concentrates one's energy on others. Envy is a destructive way to relate with people. One should always look inwardly, derive one's attitudes and actions from within, and enjoy what one can do with what one has in life. There are three "good" ways to relate with another human being: appreciation, compassion, and love.

Today I rid all my envy and I celebrate all of life, with appreciation, compassion, and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home