5/24/2004

email excerpt from F.

Well, I have met quite smart people who don't like me that much, or at all. But as the Latins, or rather the Middle-Age scholastics, used to say: "De gustibus coloribusque non est disputandum" "It's senseless to discuss about (preferences) in colors and tastes".
Just interact with the people who like you, or at least don't dislike you. And don't take their likes or dislikes any more seriously than your own. And rather, less.

> I heard the word and concept of "flow" 6 years ago on a book-on-tapes (don't remember which one) and I could not relate that word to anything I knew, and was extremely puzzled and jealous. These last few days I've been thinking, maybe when one is in "flow", one is in touch with "being"?

It appears so to me.
"Fluidity" always appeared as a supreme quality to me. The Romans had all sorts of "gods" and "goddesses" or "archetypes" of that sort on the reverse of their coins, such as, let's say, "Pr! ovidentia Deorum", "the Foresight of the Gods". They also had great titles, the one I liked most was always "Soli Invicto Comiti", i.e., "(To the) Companion of the Never-Vanquished Sun"
I had a great collection of them, when I was well-off, and had created a few like figures for my own use. "Fluiditas Deorum" was one of them: "The Fluidity of the Gods", which I hoped would always surf the waves of Time by my side. Some have their "Private Idahos", I guess I had my "Private Holy Empire". All the same!
In any event, Fluiditas Deorum is a great minor Goddess... If you want to adopt her, feel free! ;)

> So I take it that you are enlightened? And you stay there the whole time?

I wish! ;)
I wouldn't say so. I sure had moments of awakening, but to be there all the time, although possible in theory, does not seem something very accessible or maintanable in practice. I think the secret is simply to live your life as if you were Enlightened, knowing you are not.
The final moment of Enlightenment is also the final moment of our (material) lives, I think. The moment when we merge with Infinity, out there. I am in no hurry! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home