5/11/2002

5/11/2002 (Sat) Train Station, Hong Kong, 1:30 pm

Taking a train to Zhengzhou alone. Waiting.

Yesterday was a shopping day with mom. Bought so much cloth, so cheap, so many varieties. I didn't know I like shopping (for cloth) so much.

This morning I visited a few bookstores in Mongkok. Chinese books. Now I remember them. I suddenly had an urge to read them all. These were my roots. These books are my culture. I can't just abandon Chinese culture completely and become a "citizen of the world". I still feel so much affinity toward Chinese. Deep feelings for Chinese culture, history, and people.

Bought 2 books -- 张爱玲 and 余秋雨. I was going to study some Chinese philosophy and religions, to compare with my newly obtained knowledge of western philosophy and religion. But I was pulled back by Chinese literature.

Maybe I should evaluate who I am, what I want to be, where I want to go, and my place in the world and universe again. It's not easy to be just myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home