7/21/2004

email conversation with XH.

I don't know; I find it nice to settle down; sometime one finds something one really wants to do, sometime one realizes that to live a happy, if not all that exciting, life is pretty good as well. I am sure somewhere deep inside, everyone will always wonder what if, will still want the adventure. I saw that you are reading Lao Zi these days.

I am not sure if you will ever "settle down". But if adventure is what you are called to do, then I hope that you will be happy and be at peace with it as well.

Hope to see you some time soon; and good luck looking for the things that I know you have been looking for a long time.


A lot of my friends have told me the contentment of a settled life. I know it will offer me a stability that I have always needed for "success", but for some reason nothing has worked out for me. I guess everyone is different and I have to accept whomever I am. Sometimes I feel I am taking the adventurous journeys for my friends, while they are living the peaceful life for me, both vicariously. Nobody can be on more than one path but then all paths lead to a fulfilled life if lived honestly. Something like that. So I thank you for your wish.

Yes, these days I try to read a verse of Lao Zi and Shakespeare everyday. Great poetry are such an inspiration and enjoyment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home