5/15/2004

email to Master:

Must I call you master now? Now I understand why I need a master. Don't know if you are a good master but you are the only one I know. Is there a system for such teaching and learning? How does it work? Does each person get one master? Or one goes from master to master? Are all masters are equally knowing? I have already ordered Madhu's book. Is he a master also?

What a blow! that I have only been "awakened" but not "enlightened". Ouch! Well, you were the person who introduced to me this concept of "enlightenment". Anyway, it is just a definition. So now I know there are different stages in getting to know IT and be with IT. How would documenting the experience help with getting back there, or another place? To me the whole thing happened suddenly without me looking for it. I did not know I was onto something. Can this experience be actively sought? Perhaps I will find some answers in Madhu's book.

I did understand the concept of "before Enlightenment, it's chop wood, carry water. And after having been there, it's carry water, and chop wood" during my experience. But I don't think I know why the orders of wood chopping and water carrying are exchanged. This is probably a mark saying that I am still not there yet.

There's a copy of "Giordano Bruno, his life and thought. With annotated translation of his work, On the infinite universe and worlds" by Singer, Dorothea Waley (b. 1884) in our library. I will get a copy and read it.

What kind of people are atheists? I used to be one when I was younger (because I was a communist), but then you know since I am always someone who negates myself in whatever I do and I believe, and find a meta state to bring the two opposites into one (into harmony?), so I decide to be both an atheist and a non-atheist. So I became an agnostic. And then I decided to become a meta-agnostic. I feel all my life I never feel satisfied to commit myself to one concept or another. I feel there's always room to negate any concept. I used to think my inability to commit and settle (mentally of course) was annoying. But perhaps this intrinsic ability is what you saw first in me to be able to grasp the concept of "an ultimate being"?

Does it require special ability to achieve enlightenment, or everyone is capable if willing? Is this ability, if any, parallel to people with other special abilities of the body or mind, such as psychic?

I really should write my involuntary journey into a book.

Maybe I have told you before. When I was in middle school, I read the first chapter of Gödel Escher Bach (GEB), translated into Chinese (I thought it was a whole book). It really opened my mind to things--the wonders of the world. It makes me understand the concept that there is *always* a world outside what we know, that there are always two opposite sides of anything, that contradiction is intrinsic. Everything is itself and at same time is not itself and I cannot explain it to anyone! These concepts are in accordance with the little Taoism I was lucky enough to be emerged in, being a Chinese. Around 2000, I started reading GEB and had finally gained some mathematical insights to the things I could not describe. (Thanks for mathematics, and my luck for being a physicist!) In 2001 I met J and found that all my jumbled ideas actually had deep philosophical connotation. What joy! He also introduced the book "Infinity and the Mind" by Rudy Rucker to me (I still haven't finished the book). Suddenly in the mathematical concept of Infinity, I grasped the Ultimate concept of Ultimate. It is to be able to know that we do not know, and to know that, and that, and so on, and eventually to be able to define Infinity, that we "know" the existence of the Ultimate. (A truly powerful tool.)

Perhaps it is this "knowing" of the existence of Ultimate helps me to be in Its presence?

I don't know which path you took to reach the ultimate. Somehow I remember your trainings and interests were mostly in social science and philosophy? You mentioned this IVth Law of Logic before. So this is the law that says it is a law and not a law at the same time. Everything has this property in this universe.

This Universe is such a fascinating THING!

Can everyone find the universe such fascinating? Or only seekers or thinkers do?

I don't know much about the Casteneda's master. And I do not know many things.

Thank you for pointing out to me the accurate usage (or non-usage) of the definite article "the" in the context of our discussion. Yes, we are talking about Being, the ultimate and final (ok to use "the" to describe IT?) ONE. (How do we write these Things in Chinese, when we can't capitalize any word?)

love, and wanting to learn,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home