12/09/1999

When I was very young, I always looked forward to the new year, because I liked to turn the calendar over when the clock striked 12. I enjoy watching numbers turn, like those ones on my odometer. Later I became less enthusiastic about the new year stuff, and think every day should be the same as every other day. But I have been looking forward to this turning of century thing since I could count numbers, and one of my wish was to live that long to see the numbers turn. The disappointing aspect is that I used to imagine how successul I will become when the new century starts, and I will among the great generation of people who will
build the next century, but now I feel so worn out by my ambition. I dare not look into my future.

-- email excerpt to HB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home